Sunday, May 31, 2009

End of School Year


Abby's Spring Performance


She was a great white shark!


Sam's end of year party at school

Sam at the Georgia State Special Olympics

Sam got 4th place in his group

We had a very busy end-of-year schedule...the end of baseball, Abby's gym show, school performances, Sam's 10th b-day, school parties and Special Olympics, just to name a few.

The kids are happy to be done with school. I am looking forward to sleeping in just a bit. 4:45am is tough! I have convinced my neighbor to walk with me this summer at 6:30am. I've had a lot of friends break up with me as walking partners because they don't like the "early to rise" portion of the walk. We'll see how Jane does.

We've got several things lined up for the summer...

1. Sam's baptism. We are really excited about Sam getting baptized. My little brother Randy will be coming out and he's going to perform the baptism. We are expecting a full house! I'm planning on about 100. Crazy!

2. Summer Camps: Georgia has a ton of summer camps for kids. They've got karate, swimming, academic, gymnastics, circus, equestrian, etc. The list is endless. Abby likes to do gym, art and nature camps and she's trying a cheerleading camp that the local HS does each summer. Sam likes to do the gym camp and he'll also do the Learning on the Log camp. They do therapeutic recreation for special needs kids.

3. Trip to Utah! We are excited to be coming home for a visit. Todd and the kids haven't been to Utah for 3 years so it's time. We plan on visiting w/my sister Rachel, seeing new nieces & nephews, going to Jackson Hole, spending time with family & friends and we are also going to the new Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple open house. My kids have yet to have the opportunity to go to a temple open house so I am excited to do that.

School starts the beginning of August so summer isn't very long here. The key is keeping busy and that's what I hope to do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope there's time for a Cafe Rio lunch when you're in Utah. It's been forever!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I can't believe how early you have to get up. I hope you did sleep in today. I got up at 9:50am. I can't believe my kids let me sleep that long.
I know everyone wants to see you, but if for some reason you need a pit stop in Idaho Falls on your way to Jackson Hole we will be available. I'm not sure if we are on the way, but it is a thought.

annieareyouok said...

sounds like a busy summer for you mom. great pictures. i always love your posts and reading about your kids.

Cox Clan said...

Busy, busy, busy. Glad it was good. If you have time I would love to do lunch or dinner. I could try to come to Salt Lake. Would you be interested?