Tuesday, May 26, 2009

10 Years Ago Today

Wednesday, May 26, 1999:

I had an appointment with Dr. Porter for another amniocentesis

We had to wait in his office to get the surgery scheduled. He also was trying to get a drug-addicted pregnant woman into the hospital. Chances are her baby will be fine.

We had some dear friends come over to give us both blessings: Nate Cottle, Thor Steck, Jason Corless, Aaron Swalberg, Cory Christensen & Jared Theurer. We also had Judy, my mom, Rachel and Amy. Jason did the anointing and Todd gave me a blessing. I know it must have been hard for him. Jason then gave Todd a blessing.

Rachel is staying with us tonight and will come to the hospital in the morning. Dad called to tell me he loved me and that everything would be ok. He always makes me cry.

The surgery is scheduled for 11am tomorrow.

I get my bag packed and thought, "tomorrow is going to be the most terrifying day of my life."

I hope I am ready

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I can't believe you went through all this. I'm so glad that you had so much support from family and friends. I wish I could give you a hug.