Tuesday, May 18, 1999
I got up
I worked on my Medicaid Eligibility report for work
I got ready for my 36 week prenatal appointment
I drove to the office
I met Todd there
I had an exam to determine the baby's position
I was sent for an ultrasound to determine the baby's position
I had fun seeing Baby Weinreb on the ultrasound
I was sent back to Dr. Bowman's office
I was given bad news
"Your baby has a problem."
"It might be hydrocephalus."
"You'll need to see a specialist."
"You'll need to have a C-section."
"The baby will need to have a shunt placed."
"I'll leave you two alone for a bit."
We look at each other
We cried
We were scared
We prayed for a miracle
We made lots of phone calls
We cried
We wondered what the future would hold
We were overwhelmed
We wondered how we would pay for all this
We had supportive family and friends
I had a blessing that said "all will be well."
We had an appointment with the specialist at LDS the next day
We'll know more tomorrow
I tried to think positively
I tried to keep the faith
I went to bed
I didn't sleep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You make me cry! What a journey you have had and what a wonderful mom you are!
I remember his 1st birthday party and you saying that you were having a party because they told you they didn't think he would live that long. What a special miracle boy!
Wow, Kim, I had no idea. I would love to hear the rest of the story.
Post a Comment