Thursday, May 21, 2009

10 Years Ago Today

Friday, May 21, 1999:

Got a call from Dr. Ball telling us to meet at the U of U at 11:30am
Asked Michelle Corless (our surrogate mom who is a RN) to go with us

We sat at a conference table with five different specialists to discuss the case

The baby had a massive stroke on the left side of his brain. The MDs said the rest of his brain looks good...finally, a bit of positive news.

Todd & I both had blood drawn that will be sent to a lab in Seattle to test for some antibodies

We toured both the U of U & PCMC NICUs-not a place we wanted to be-I went from thinking I was delivering our first baby at Cottonwood Hospital's Women's Center to having to go to the U of U.

I am scheduled to have another amniocentesis on Wednesday

Waiting & hoping

No comments: