Wednesday, May 19, 1999:
We had high hopes after researching hydrocephalus
We had an appointment with Dr. T. Flint Porter, the neonatalogist
Things are worse
There are problems with the baby's brain but he's unsure what it is
We cried
The genetic counselor came in
We need to come back tomorrow for a chorocentesis
It could be Trisomy 18 which is fatal
We are overloaded with information
We've had to discuss how much intervention we'll do for this baby. How do we go from discussing baby names and the future to discussing organ donation and funerals?
I have a hard time seeing healthy babies and pregnant women
It's not fair. I've done everything right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
These posts are all so touching Kim! Congratulations on the baptism. That's going to be such a wonderful day!
I can't believe it's been that long ago this all happened. It was all surreal to me as a bystander (for both me and Creighton). You guys were/are/have been so strong! Congrats on the baptism too! I chuckled when you mentioned the medicaid report. I remember dialing those numbers in. It's the reason we bought a speakerphone :) Good times...
Incredible. These are great posts, Kim. Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment