So if you do the math, Sam was born in 1999 and it's now 2009 so he's going to be 10 next week. Yikes! We've tried unsuccessfully to convince Sam to get baptized. He has said in no uncertain terms that he doesn't want to get baptized, ever! Sam has had a fear of the water...he doesn't like not being able to touch the ground. I can't say that I blame him, I can't swim so I would be afraid too.Over the last 2 years we've been working on getting him prepared and willing to be baptized. We've taken swimming lessons, had countless Family Home Evening's on the subject & he's talked with the Bishop on numerous occasions. A month or two ago Sam wanted his regular "meeting" with the Bishop. He came and found me and had chosen a date for his baptism. However, it was on Mother's Day weekend so that wasn't going to work. After looking at the calendar, we've chosen June 13th and he is ready and excited.
Here is his baptism invitation and he's been excited to hand them out. We are going to have a full house since Sam knows so many people. Every milestone in Sam's life has been delayed; walking, talking, etc. We've never known when and if he would reach one and although we are two years "late" on getting baptized, we are excited that it's here.
In all reality, Sam doesn't need to be baptized. He's perfect. But so was Jesus and the key is obedience and Sam wants to be obedient.
So, here's to reaching another milestone!




3 comments:
That is so awesome. Congratulations to Sam. I am sure that because it means so much more because he made such a big choice. I wish him the best.
I can imagine that Heavenly Father and Jesus ARE PROUD! Way to go Sam! Your faith is an inspiration to our family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
This blog made me cry. What a sweetie. I'm so happy for him and I'm glad he'll have so much support on his special day.
Post a Comment