Friday, February 5, 2010

Skirts

Last weekend I took Abby to a b-day party in the Virginia-Highlands area of Atlanta. I dropped her off at the pottery place and since I didn't want to loose my prime parking place, I decided to just wander in some of the cute little shops. I went into one little gift boutique and saw a cute little skirt. It was pricey! I checked it out and thought, "Now I could make that." The next day I picked up some cute fabric and started sewing some skirts for Abby. These are what I made:

Abby needed something besides pink & purple.




I really like this fabric & it's a bit longer than the others.




The ruffle was a bit of a challenge since I sewed it wrong initially, broke some of the running stitch so after my frustration hit a high, I just put it on and didn't care how it looked.



This is the first one I made and I love, love, love this fabric and the simple rick-rack.


I had this fabric sitting around for over a year so I finally used it.



I think they turned out pretty cute and were easy to make. What I need now is a designated space where I can leave out all my sewing stuff. Someday!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Incredible! I would wear every single one of those! You have incredible talent, not to mention great taste in fabric!

annieareyouok said...

Wow! Great job Mom!

katie said...

Darling Kim! I think I need to put my sewing machine to work. Or maybe just my sisters. They completely stole the sewing gene in our family. I agree with Tiff, I love ALL of the fabric.

Jodi said...

So amazing . . . and you probably made them all for the price of ONE at the boutique. I wish I had some sewing skills. I wish, I wish, I wish.

Liz said...

OK so where do I place my orders? LOVE THEM!