Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My personal sweat shop

A few weeks back I made several skirts for Abby and my very business savvy sister-in-law Jennifer commented that I should sell them. Thankfully, Jennifer has lots of contacts and she has a friend who has a little boutique near Emory and she forwarded some photos of them. Well, Michele from Small World really liked them and asked me to sew some to sell on consignment at her shop. I spent the last few days buying fabric and sewing my brains out.

The Sweat Shop

I don't have a designated area to leave out all my sewing stuff (maybe someday!) so I decided to sew a lot of skirts while I had everything out.



All the sewing necessities...serger, pins, fabric, ipod and jelly bellies



Here are the results of my sweat...22 skirts in these fabrics.

























I dropped them off at Small World yesterday and am hopeful that some will sell. It's so strange to me that women would possibly pay $30 for these skirts (that's what we have listed them for) but I will be happy to get the negotiated $18/skirt.

So, help support my shopping habits by buying a skirt!

5 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Those are so cute Kim! I can't believe you made that many! You are insane! I hope you had A LOT Of jelly bellies! I'm sure you'll sell a ton! They are adorable!

Tiffany said...

Your SIL was right! Those are adorable and I'm sure that they will all be purchased before Easter! That paisley pink one is to die for!

annieareyouok said...

Kim, those are SO cute. I bet you'll sell so many they will ask you to make another bunch to take in. Go Kim!

Jacki said...

I'll take one. Do you have an 18-24 month size? Would you take $20 for it if I PROMISE to tell everyone that you made it and there daughter could be as cute as mine if they bought one too. I mean Jordyn is pretty cute so you might get A LOT of business that way ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute!! You've really got an eye for fabrics and I love the rick rack. I'd love to hear the results.