This past week had this great idea! I would make a treat & some valentines and take them to the local nursing home & have the kids hand them out. Needless to say, that idea totally slipped my mind until today. Ooops! Oh well, we could still pull it off. I told the kids that we were going to do a service project and I called the local facility to see if it was OK for us to stop by and they were happy to have us. She told me they had 33 residents, 7 of whom were diabetic. Oh man! I was able to pull off cupcakes easy enough but I wasn't too prepared with a diabetic-friendly treat so I got into my pantry and found a variety of nuts. Todd, the kids and I went and delivered little valentines, cupcakes (or nuts) and wished the residents a Happy Valentines Day. I think it's good for the kids to interact with the residents there and they had fun.
Diabetic-friendly treat

Simple Valentines
Diabetic-friendly treat
Simple Valentines
On our way home, Todd asked Abby if when we get older, could we live with her or would she put is him a home. Her response, "Probably in a home because I don't want you to wander off."
Fair enough!
I think from here on out, we will make the 2nd Sunday of the month Service Sunday. We will choose someone to serve and do a little service project. I hope to instill in the kids a love of service and charity.
"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him." Moroni 7:47




2 comments:
Very cute! What a nice things to do as a family.
Kim, I'm nuts about you! And that idea. You've got really great kids and I strongly it's because you rock!
Post a Comment