Thursday, October 20, 2011

Military Procession

I had heard on the news that a local Marine had been killed in action and since Abby was out of school, we decided to join the community and attend the funeral procession.

We got there early and waited for the procession to start. There were a lot of people who came out to show their support for this soldier and his family.

We were right on the road and very close to the procession and when the family drove by, I could just see them sobbing and it was so hard to watch. After the procession, we would be on our way and go about our lives and they didn't have that option. Their lives are forever changed. It was heartbreaking to witness but I am grateful we were able to go and show our support.

Many thanks to Lance Cpl. Scott Harper











No comments: