Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Finale

Since today was our last Friday before school (well, Abby starts the 16th), I thought we'd try something we hadn't done before.

Centennial Olympic Park Fountains

It was blazing hot so I thought this would be fun to do.


The kids were a bit hesitant at first but had a great time.















I had Kristina come with us...who wants to go to downtown Atlanta alone?
Not me!









Next to the rings there is a little burger joint called Googies so that's where we had lunch.



After our fountain adventure, we headed east and went to Morelli's ice cream parlor. It has been listed in a magazine as a great ice cream place. Oh the flavors!! They let you taste any flavor you want. I had a hard time choosing because they were all good. I tried Mexican Chocolate (has a little cayenne pepper), Krispie Kremer (has real KK doughnuts!)

Some flavors that they make:
coconut jalepeno
maple bacon brittle
ginger lavendar


Tough choices! I guess we'll have to go back.





Abby had Sweet Potato Pie



Sam usually sticks with plain old chocolate



I had Salted Caramel...delish!



It was a fun but extremely hot adventure. Now it's back to school. Yipee!

1 comment:

annieareyouok said...

WHY they don't have stuff like this in Tucson, I'll never understand. You are lucky to have a place to go to to cool down. So fun!