Sunday, August 15, 2010

Service Sunday

I just kind of threw together today's Service Sunday...kind of lame, I know. I made a batch of homemade Oreo cookies and took some to the neighbors, gave some to our friends, and took some to the Bishop's family with a note thanking them for being the Ward's First Family & for the sacrifices they make. Not very exciting.




I got this email this evening:

Kim,
I feel so honored to be the recipient of this month’s Service Sunday! Really, that meant a lot to me and to S as well. It was a typical Sunday – the Bishop leaves the house before 6am, gets home after 4pm, just before the youth meetings, dinner, fireside get started…all the youth gone by 8:30 and the house put back together by 9…now he’s on the phone…I’m hoping his day will end before 10pm so we can have a few minutes to talk before he falls asleep! I’m really not complaining; that’s just the way it is. I’m only telling you so you know how touched we are by your show of appreciation. Please tell Sam and Abby (and Todd too!) that Bishop M. and his family were super excited to get a plate of yummy cookies and we thank you very much! Homemade oreos too…the Bishop LOVES oreos!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Really!! It made our day.
Love you,
J


I guess even just a little service can go a long way.

2 comments:

annieareyouok said...

You are so thoughtful, Kim. What a nice thing to teach your children! Should I leave you my address here or do you already know where to send me my batch of cookies ;)

Lisa Cook said...

I LOVE this idea, Kim! I am seriously considering stealing it for our family. You are such a sweetheart! And the cookies look delish.