Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Never in a million years....update

In my last post, I mentioned what I've arranged for Sam should the need to call the police arise and after working with Officer Shaw, this is where we are at:

An email from Officer Shaw after I had sent her Sam's info:

Thank you for sending this information. I have notified our 911 center of Sam's conditions so the information will be available should officers have to respond to your residence or have contact with Sam elsewhere. I will also document it in our computer system here at the police
department. I believe it would be a great idea to periodically bring Sam by to meet with us or even set up a time for us to come by your house. That might ease some fear he might have if we can come by for a "friendly visit" instead of on "official business". Just let us know
what is convenient for you. Obviously, we do not want him to be scared of us but do want him to understand that there are consequences to his actions - if we can help him remember that before anything bad happens, then we can hopefully prevent it. I know this must be difficult for you so please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Tell Sam
we look forward to talking to him again in the future on good terms - he seems like a great little guy!
Thank you,
Capt. Sue Anne Shaw


I then sent an email to all the parents in our support group to let then know that this is now available to them. I also cc'd her and this was her response:

I have established a contact at the Douglas County 911 center that will be entering the information I receive in their system. Hopefully, this will assist with situations in the future should they arise. Please let me know if we can do anything else.
Thank you ,
Captain S. A. Shaw


I love it when a plan comes together.

5 comments:

The Saling Family said...

LOVE THAT!

Jodi said...

This is FANTASTIC news! I call it "having your stars in alignment." The next time you're in Utah can you get the ball rolling in our neck of the woods?!

Andy Porter said...

Oh man, that is so awesome!! Have I ever told you that I think that you are the greatest mom ever? Well, you are.

annieareyouok said...

It's great that you are being proactive and nice to hear that the police department is being so supportive.

Tiffany said...

I've since told several people about this idea. I think you're a brilliant trailblazer!