I try very hard to come up with something creative and useful when it comes to teacher gifts. It's a big challenge when you have 33 to buy for. I don't want to buy lotion or candles as I'm sure most of the teachers have a closet full of those items so this is what I came up with this year:
Photo stand w/picture of Abby-I used the website Picnik to put text on the photo. They were $.10/photo to develop and the photo stands were on sale at Pier One. Total cost: $1.70

For Sam & Abby's main teachers & parapros, I made these little cake/dessert plates and I think they are really cute & useful. I spent about $3.99/plate (or less depending on where I could find them) and about $2.00 for each candlestick holder. I scoured several antique stores & the Goodwill store.
For the support staff, I found these really cute carafes at Ross for $1.99. I ended up buying 21! I bought 2 stems worth of fake flowers and one package of raffia to dress them up a bit. Total cost was about $2.50/bottle.
There are about 7 male teachers between the two kids and I knew that they wouldn't appreciate a carafe or cake plate so I made some homemade chocolate milk mix for the men. You can find the recipe here.
Heavy cream: $1.59 (2 servings)
chocolate: $2.49 (2 servings)
bottles: $1.59 (for 2)
Total cost: $3.00/bottle
That's it for this year!
School's out!






5 comments:
You are so creative! I love the family picture, it's beautiful!
33 teachers???!!!!!! WHa????
that's what i was going to say annie 33!!!!! yowza. I need to bookmark this post for future reference.
You are amazing! I thought I was doing good to get our four teachers covered.
Teachers are probably fighting to get your kids in their class. Nice work!
Post a Comment