We've had a busy week so I'll try & get caught up.

I decided to also buy myself a gift-I never do that...NOT! I was at Sam's Club and saw this little number. I've wanted an ice cream maker for a while but when I saw this one, I knew it was for me. This Cuisinart ice cream maker does not require any ice or salt! Can you believe that!? Oh the convenience of it all. I tried the chocolate ice cream recipe for my first attempt.
We celebrated Todd's 38th birthday on Saturday with Abby's soccer game, driving Abby to a b-day party, Sam's baseball game and eventually, dinner, presents, cake & homemade ice cream. I had bought him A LOT of gifts since he never likes anything & I just assumed he would return everything...we'll, I was wrong. He actually like every thing. I'm shocked, as is my checkbook! Oh well, you only turn 38 once.
I decided to also buy myself a gift-I never do that...NOT! I was at Sam's Club and saw this little number. I've wanted an ice cream maker for a while but when I saw this one, I knew it was for me. This Cuisinart ice cream maker does not require any ice or salt! Can you believe that!? Oh the convenience of it all. I tried the chocolate ice cream recipe for my first attempt.

Look at this! It only took 25 minutes for this goodness! It was yummy but fattening...got to find some low-cal recipes.

Sunday was Mother's Day & our Service Sunday so I decided we needed to go to the cemetery and take some flowers to Todd's sister's grave. Stacy died 6 1/2 years ago from breast cancer. We try to visit often and keep the area clean and planted with pretty flowers. Stacy was a wonderful mother, sister & friend. I often wonder how life would have been different if she was still with us. We miss her dearly. I am glad my kids are comfortable enough going to the cemetery and that they understand that we will see her again someday.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I got to take a nap, Todd made dinner and I got a new desk chair...mainly because Todd was embarrassed by my old one that I took from the garbage at IHC Home Care when I was employed there about 10 years ago. Hey, what's wrong with being frugal?






2 comments:
Happy Late Birthday Todd, and Happy Mothers Day Kim! Sounds like a busy, typical day.
Happy belated Mother's Day to you and happy belated birthday to Todd! That ice cream looks divine.
Post a Comment