Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jackson Hole

We were able to spend 4 wonderful days in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with Todd's parents at their new cabin. We packed in a lot of activities & saw some amazing wildlife.


Hiking with Grandma & Grandpa to the Snake River...just about a half mile walk from their home.


Todd & I at the Snake River


We had many elk visit us during the trip. Right in the back yard!


This is at "Mormon Row," a grouping of pioneer homes & barns. This barn is one of the most photographed barns in the country.


We saw lots of bison but this was the closest.


Hiking at String Lake


Sam on the bungee/trampoline


Dick Cheney at the 4th of July Parade.


The first roasting of marshmallows for s'mores in the new fire pit.


Grandma, Abby & I floating on the Snake River. We saw a coyote, bald eagle and pelicans.


We were so excited to end the trip with seeing a moose! We were headed to dinner and there were lots of cars pulled over so we joined them and saw this moose. It was great! The weather was wonderful, the cabin was spectacular and the scenery was amazing. We are looking forward to our next trip.

5 comments:

annieareyouok said...

looks like a great trip. so beautiful and lots to do. i LOVE that picture of sam bunjee-ing. love his expression.

emilyw said...

I think it's great you have on jackets and sweatshirts. What a nice "cool" vacation! It's so beautiful there!

yo nance said...

What a wonderful wildlife vacation. I'm sure the kids will never forget it.

Cox Clan said...

Sounds like an amazing vacation. I have never been there but hope to some day.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I can't believe you were so close to me. Next time I'll pay more attention and come see you in Jackson.