Monday, March 23, 2009

What were you doing between 1am & 4am?

This is what I was doing...

I heard Abby crying so I went into her room and she said she didn't feel good so we ran to the bathroom. Luckily it's not far. Abby puked & felt better. I decided to keep a garbage can by her bed just in case. Well, just in case came to be and she used it several times during the night. As she was sick in the bathroom for the 4th or 5th time (who's counting), I kept hearing a motorcycle driving up and down our road. I peeked out the window and there were two guys in front of my house taking turns w/a bike. I got my cute leopard print robe on that's way to short, but it was 2:30am so who cares! I walked out to these boys, I'm guessing in their late teens and said, "Seriously, what are you doing? Can't you find a better time of day to do this than 2:30 in the morning?" One replied, "Sorry ma'am, we'll stop." To which I reply, "I've got one kid puking and one kid sleeping and all these other people are trying to sleep." Again, "Sorry, ma'am." First off, I am way to young and good looking to be a ma'am and second, where in the world were the parents of these kids?! Well, we'll just see how happy they are to get a letter in the mail from the HOA. There's nothing like an HOA to bring a little fear into your life.

8 comments:

annieareyouok said...

You tell 'em Kim! I threaten to do the same, but yeah that you went out there robe and all!

yo nance said...

I don't even like being called ma'am; and I am way older than you, though not as cute.

Andy Porter said...

They're probably planning the next time that they can make noise in front of your house so they can see the hot momma in her short robe!

Tiffany said...

Sorry about the puke, but the story was sure funny!

Cox Clan said...

What an experience. Remind me not to ever make you made. Where was that robe when we were rooming together? I was up last night during that time last night with my ten year old. He wasn't throughing up, but he had aching growing pains in both anckles. After medicine and 10 minutes of rubbing his ankles we were off to bed. Of course it took me over an hour to fall back asleep. The joys of parenting.

Jodi said...

HOA? Help me out here.

You own a too short leopard print robe? Don't tell Brandon those exist. He thinks my heather gray gap sweats are pretty happenin.

By the way, you are a ma'am if your wondering why their parents don't know where they were. I'm sure you weren't asking that question when you were 16. You old fart.

Liz said...

You really are my hero! Way to be brave.

Jennica said...

OK so sorry about the puking... but I am laughing about the robe and the teen age boys... SERIOUSLY! What were they thinking?