How much does the flu cost?
Abby ran a little fever on Monday but acted OK. I sent her school. Probably not a good idea. On Tuesday Abby was feeling worse so I kept her home. She ran a fever most of the day so I took her into the MD. We had a 1:20pm appointment. Here's where I start calculating costs because time is money:
Arrive at office: 1:20pm
Pay co-pay: $20
Get into exam room: 1:45pm
Doctor makes an appearance: 2:35pm
Number of swabs taken to determine illness: 2
Days of school MD suggests Abby should miss: 4 (minimum)
Leave office: 3:00pm
Arrive at Starbucks for a hot chocolate & cookie: 3:05pm
Leave drive-thru: 3:10pm
Drop of RX at Target: 3:15pm
Sit around & wait for RX to be filled: 25 minutes
Pay for RX & hand sanitizer: $95.00
Potential for the rest of us to get sick: high
Time spent in room with Nintendo DS, DVDs & iPod: Priceless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Ha ha ha....That's cute. Sorry you are getting hit with the crud!! I do love when they veg though.
Sorry your family has got the bug. Waiting is the worst part of all of it. You are supposed to be home resting and you end up in the Dr. Office and the Pharmacy all day long.
Are you talking influenza? I've had that twice in my life. Death seemed preferable at the time.
Great time to slow down and get some quality Nintendo time in yourself!
We paid $180 for a visit to the doctor for Jane's bee sting. He looked at her from across the room, said it looked infected and prescribed an antibiotic. The next day I was stroking her cheek (where she was stung) and I felt something there. It was the stinger. I tweezed it out and the swelling went away.
To be fair, the stinger wasn't protruding at all the day before, but don't you think a doctor would at least inspect the area closely and consider a left behind stinger a possibility? Sheesh!
I hope Abby gets well soon!
Our WHOLE family is recovering from a NASTY two week flu...Our costs are ASTRONOMICAL at this point. Unfortunately...we got our flu shots, a lot of good they did. Feel better soon.
Post a Comment