Friday, February 13, 2009

This may very well put me up for Mother & Wife of the Year!

This has been quite a week for me. I've had a turkey in the freezer for well over a year and I needed the freezer space so I decided it was time to defrost the turkey and bake it. All the while hoping we weren't going to get some sort of illness related to turkeys (salmonella is currently making the rounds in the peanut butter world & I think trichinosis belongs to pork). I baked a lovely and delicious turkey dinner complete with mashed potatoes, stuffing (Stove Top), corn, cranberry sauce & rolls (Rhodes). We had plenty of leftovers so tonight Todd says, "We should make a turkey pot pie." I know what "we" really means. It means, "You should make a turkey pot pie." So, being the nice wife I am, I decided to make it for dinner. As you can see from above, it looks really good. I even made the crust from scratch. Yes, go on about me.


Here I am modeling the right-out-of-the-oven turkey pot pie. I did cheat a little and used frozen vegetables but that's what happens when "we" make a pot pie. It was quite tasty.
And don't think that I would let all that wonderful left over crust go to waste. I sprinkled the remaining pieces with cinnamon sugar and had a tasty treat after dinner. This is what was left of them.

So, if any of you are on the nominating board for this coveted honor, "Mother (and/or Wife) of the Year," I am hoping this week of cooking will put me on the ballot. If it will help, I also made 2 batches of sugar cookies. One batch with homemade icing and the other batch dipped in chocolate. I also made 24 pink cupcakes for Abby's Valentine's Day party.

Even if I don't win, it's just an honor to be nominated.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am SO impressed. You really went overboard with the cinnamon/sugar extra crust pieces. You're a shoe-in for sure!

P.S. Your hair is darling!

Tonya K said...

I'll vote for you! I don't cook - at all!

Jenny said...

You got my vote

The Joe said...

I'll have to make sure my husband never ever reads this post:) You've certainly got my vote. I can't believe you made all of that....and you look cute while you are doing it. I can't compete with that!

Jodi said...

Hmm. I think I'll need to sample the food before I cast my vote. When should I stop by?

Cox Clan said...

You are truly superwoman. Way to go on all the baking.