
This is an old photo of our kitchen, during the remodeling fiasco of 2006. You can see the oven/microwave combo well in this photo. I guess the builder (must have been a man) found a screaming deal on these and used a lot of them in the houses in the neighborhood. It doesn't look too bad, very white & sterile. However, what you can't tell by the photo is the size of the oven. A standard oven is 30 inches wide, perfect for a nice sheet of cookies, a big turkey, etc. Well, this oven is 24 inches wide. That's right, sub-standard!

Now jump to September 20, 2008 and you can see our brand new, STANDARD sized oven. I am so excited to bake things in it. It also has convection which I am not familiar with but I guess after I read the owner's manual, I will know what to do. Happy Baking!
7 comments:
Here is to lots of yummy cookies and Thanksgiving at your house. (You may really miss your small oven after too many Holidays). I have loved reading about your little family, and am even happier now that I know how to comment and can tell you I am reading it. We love hearing about you. Aaron and Liz
I will be expecting a lovely batch of cookies in the mail any day now.
I had one of those mini ovens in our studio apartment when we first moved to CA. My mom had to bring me new smaller cookie sheets because the ones I had didn't fit. It was quite a joke of an oven. Now I have a big girl oven too.
You have a cute kitchen. Love the new oven. My Mom-in-law has a convection oven and it is fantastic!
Kim! Your kitchen is gorgeous!
You will LOVE convection! Happy Baking! I love your new appliances.
Kim your kitchen is beautiful! Hey if you ever get board (HA HA)Email some pictures of your house. I would love to see what you guys have done. I'm so excited for you.
Post a Comment