My sister, Rachel, called looking for some info for a church talk about motherhood. We started talking about miles driven & cost of Sam's therapies, etc. I decided to see what those numbers actually are. I am using 2007 stats:
Therapy:
Speech: 36 visits @ $86.50/visit is $2249 for 2007. Total miles driven: 259
OT: 39 visits @ $200.00/visit is $7800 for 2007. Total miles driven: 281
PT: 55 visits @ $250.00/visit is $13,750 for 2007. Therapist comes to the home
Hippo (horse): 42 visits @ $150/visit is $6300 for 2007. Total miles driven: 1260
Vision: 19 visits @ $79/visit is $1501 for 2007. Total miles driven: 851
All in all...191 visits for a total of $31,600 and total miles driven: 2651. Good times!
*Does not include ER visits, shunt surgery, MD appts, botox treatments, medication (which runs $2100/month), labs, etc.
Well, that's a whole lotta time & money! Luckily the insurance picked up the majority of it. I am ever so grateful for good insurance, Medicaid & generous in-laws. I often wonder what other things we could have done with our time instead of driving all over metro Atlanta. "I was told there would be no math involved." (SNL quote).
So, here's my question, what is your weekly schedule like? Sometimes I think I am super busy but then I look at other people who have a lot more children than I do. How do they do it?
Here's my weekly schedule:
Monday:
rise & shine at 4:45am, workout, get ready, get kids ready, Abby to the bus by 7:10am, Sam to the bus by 7:25am, laundry, run errands, pick up Sam from school at 2:15pm, hippo therapy from 3-4pm, drive home, homework, dinner, FHE & bed.
Tuesday:
same morning schedule, vacuuming & mopping floors, PT at 3pm at home, homework, dinner, baths, reading, bed (see why I like Tues). Tennis lessons start 9/9/08 from 6:30-7:30pm.
Wednesday:
same morning, clean bathrooms, Sam home at 2:35pm, homework, pick up Abby at 4:20pm, OT from 4:30-5:30pm, rush home, eat, Young Women's & Scouts from 7-8:30pm, baths, reading & bed.
Thursday:
same morning schedule, not liking 4:45am so much. Sam home at 2:35pm, PT from 3-4pm, pick up Abby at 4:20pm, homework, dinner, Abby has gymnastics from 6-7pm, baths, reading, bed.
Friday:
Hallelujah! Same morning schedule, laundry, Sam home at 2:35pm, rush to Carrollton, Ga. for vision therapy from 3:30-4:15pm (just completed this therapy yesterday!), Todd picks up Abby at 4:10pm (little did we know she gets out early on Fridays), home, dinner, the weekend!
I can't even imagine how to add more kids & their activities to this equation. I'm a little tired! I do now have my days free of children but I seem to find stuff to do. I am also considering going back to school. I just got my transcripts from Snow College and the U of U so I will take them to the Univ. of West Georgia to see if what I have will transfer or still work. It's been, well, just a few years since I've been in school. Happy work week!




2 comments:
uh...I am a slacker. I'm not even in the same realm of you. Perhaps a kid will make me more effective.
Girl!!! Who in their right mind wakes up at 4:45 to work out???
Maybe that is why I still have my baby chub...hummm.
Post a Comment