You can listen here:
Here's the written talk:
In the 4th Article of Faith it states: “The first principles and ordinances of the gospel are: first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ...” This is what I have been asked to speak on, Faith in Jesus Christ.
What is faith? In Alma 32:21 it states: “If ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.”
On LDS.org it also states: Having faith in Jesus Christ means relying completely on Him—trusting in His infinite power, intelligence, and love. It includes believing His teachings. It means believing that even though we do not understand all things, He does.
How can we increase our faith?
Study-we can read the scriptures, go to church, & listen to conference
Prayer-we must pray for faith to receive faith
Service & Sacrifice-we must serve and help others to increase our faith
Personal Righteousness-we must always Choose the Right and keep the commandments & repent when we sin.
I know Jesus was born in Bethlehem even though I wasn't at the stable
I know Jesus taught the gospel to many, even though I wasn't able to listen to Him in person
I know Jesus suffered the Atonement even though I wasn't in the Garden of Gethsemane
I know Jesus died on the cross even though I wasn't at Calvary.
I know Jesus was resurrected even though I wasn't at the tomb
I know Jesus visited the Nephites, even though I wasn't in the land Bountiful
I know Jesus visited Joseph Smith, even though I wasn't in the sacred grove
I know Jesus lives today, even though I can't see Him
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.




2 comments:
Hi there, I love your blog.. It always lifts me up ... I am Kate Turner Clark's Mother in law. You have a beautiful family and are doing good things together... Great Example.
Jeannie
This is Sam talking!!! I remember y'all trying to get him an assistive tech board for speech. :) Listen to him now! Go, Sam. Great job.
Post a Comment