August was a busy month and kind of got away from me.
School started.
I spent a weekend at the beach.
No other good excuses.
I was frantically trying to think of some quick idea and it dawned on me, we were going to visit Todd's sister Annie and since she's a busy working mom of a 23 month old and has a baby due in January, what better person could use a freezer meal.
I made up 3 pans of chicken enchiladas, had some Spanish rice packets and a brownie mix. Not very exciting but hopefully helpful none the less.
Since I had 3 pans, I also took one to a family in our ward who I felt could use a little "Service Sunday."
School started.
I spent a weekend at the beach.
No other good excuses.
I was frantically trying to think of some quick idea and it dawned on me, we were going to visit Todd's sister Annie and since she's a busy working mom of a 23 month old and has a baby due in January, what better person could use a freezer meal.
I made up 3 pans of chicken enchiladas, had some Spanish rice packets and a brownie mix. Not very exciting but hopefully helpful none the less.
Since I had 3 pans, I also took one to a family in our ward who I felt could use a little "Service Sunday."
I was happy we could do a little something, even though it was just barely under the August wire.
PS...got this email from Annie:
Thanks again for making us the beneficiaries of yesterday’s Service Sunday! That was really sweet of you guys. You really “walk the walk” and I know that Sam and Abby will grow up to be such good people because of your influence.
Love,
A
PS...got a thank you note from the other family saying that "it came at just the right time."
A little crock pot chicken goes a long way.




2 comments:
1. lose weight
2. think kind thoughts
3. start serving others . . . especially on Sundays
You inspire me to want to make a change to our "take a snooze sunday." Honestly Kim, I think about this often. You've got a good thing going!
We got two dinners out of that meal, and saved the brownies to make this weekend. :) Thanks again Kim!
Post a Comment