Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/2011



It's so hard to believe that it's been 10 years since our world changed. I know everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing at that moment. I thought I had better write down what I was doing and where I was that tragic day.

We were living in Midvale, Utah at the time and I was in bed. Sam was also asleep as it was about 8am our time. Todd was at work.

I heard the phone ringing and it kind of woke me up but I didn't answer. The ringing stopped but then it started again. I got up and it was Todd and I will never forget what he said: "We've been attacked!" I was still trying to wake myself up and I was so confused. He just said, Go turn on the TV."

I turned on the TV and watched in horror. It can't possibly be real. Was this a movie?

After watching the live coverage for several hours, I had to get out of the house. Sam was awake by then and I decided to take him for a walk. As I was walking, I distinctly remember looking up in the sky and noticing there were no airplanes in the air. It was eerily quiet.

It's hard to imagine what those poor people in the planes and buildings were thinking. I cannot even fathom the terror and the longing to see their families one last time. To say goodbye, to say I love you. It is so heartbreaking.

I'm truly grateful for those who risked their lives to save others and for those who fought the terrorists knowing full well that this was the end but they were going to go down fighting.

I will never forget.

No comments: