Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Abby's birthday weekend

It's hard to believe that Abby has turned 8! Where have the years gone? I swear just yesterday she was turning one and I was getting all teary because I couldn't believe my baby was one and now she 8!! She's grown up way too fast!


I had asked Abby months ago what she wanted to do for her b-day this year and her response was, "Go to Hawaii." Now, for her 6th b-day we were in Destin, Florida and for her 7th b-day we were in Hollywood, California. I guess in her little mind, she gets to have "destination b-days." Not this year. Abby really wanted a sleep over so I let her invite 7 friends and our theme was a "Camp-In". Let the planning and stress begin!


I couldn't get the document to upload as webpage so I'm missing the tent & campfire images but you get the gist of it.


Abby's invitation

Abby Weinreb is turning “8”

So we’re having a “Camp-In” to celebrate!

S’mores, campfire and lots of fun

Is what you’ll find if you can come!

Friday, October 8th at 5pm

Pick-up on Saturday at 10am


Being the crazy mom I am, I put together these goody bags for the girls. Don't ask why. I ironed on each girls initial to the bag and loaded them up.
(Glow-in-the-dark masks, flashlights, poncho, camp journal, insulated cup, poprocks & ring pop)



Completed goody bags



I then put together a little scavenger hunt around the house and yard and this was the treasure








Here are the girls making a "camp craft". I stamped their names into washers and they made camp necklaces.



Abby, Carly, Arya, Ellen, Addy, Caitlin



Grilled hotdogs, beans, chips & fruit salad was our "camp dinner"






The girls racing around during the scavenger hunt



Waiting for roasting marshmallows for s'mores
(I ended up doing the roasting. Turns out it's too dangerous)



The sleeping arrangements



We also set up a projector outside and they all watched "Up" on the "big screen"


Here are the girls all jammied up and ready for not sleeping



Breakfast is served!




On Sunday, Gma & Gpa invited us up for a birthday dinner. Abby got a guitar from them for her b-day and she's so excited!



Gpa David teaching Abby a few guitar basics



We went to Houston's for dinner and no joke, Abby ordered the full slab of ribs and ate them all.




Abby's actual b-day dinner at Texas Roadhouse






Abby and Andy the giant Armadillo-nothing says happy b-day like a giant armadillo



Abby requested that the staff sing to her on her special day




Happy birthday to our sweet girl!

2 comments:

annieareyouok said...

You took kids' birthday to a whole 'nother level with all of your fancy personalized tote bags! What a fun party! Thanks for the great future ideas.

The Amazing Mumfords said...

I love it! How fun! And I especially love those bags. Super cute. OH, but the best part was knowing there is an 8 year old girl out there who can eat a slab of ribs. Awesome.