Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Abby's Baptism

I started thinking/planning for Abby's baptism months ago. I wanted to make sure it went well and that she would remember her special day. I began working on the video and it takes time to scan all the old photos and then get them just right, choose the right music and videos. In the end, I think everything went really well on her special day.

Here's the video:




I've wanted to have her pictures taken along Cochran Mill Road for close to a year and when she finally had a day off, I told her we were going to take her pictures and her response was, "Can't we just take the pictures on the stairs?" Um...no.

Here are a few of my favorites







No trick photography here...a real butterfly landed on her arm






Her baptism invitation



The program



Aunt Rachel made her baptism book. Scrapbooked photo pages for guests to write Abby little notes. I love having these memories preserved. Rachel also was kind enough to have all Abby's cousins, aunts, uncles & grandparents sign it for her before mailing it.



I set up a couple days in advance knowing we'd be very busy!
(Many thanks to Jennifer & Danielle for helping me!)

I chose a fall theme for the decorations and they were simple but nice







On the menu:
Praline-topped french toast
Christmas casserole
Pumpkin muffins
Sweet potato muffins
Orange muffins
Applesauce muffins
Fruit
Chick-Fil-A chicken minis




Abby got her own new set of scriptures with her name engraved & Aunt Rachel made her a darling scripture tote
(Funny story about the engraving...I took the scriptures to the local Christian book store and when I picked it up I gave them my name and the lady said, "Oh, the Mormon Bible?" Yep, that's ours.)




Display in the Relief Society Room









My cute dad (and Susan) came out to baptize Abby. It was really special to have them here.




The after-PARTY! (spiritually-speaking)

Sam



Aunt Annie & cousin Jonathan



The trouble makers, Sam & Uncle Larry



Grandma Judy, Aunt Lisa & Aunt Annie



Gina Whitfield (Abby's primary teacher) and the girls in her class
Abby, Abby, Ali, Samantha, Monica & little Maggie



My cousin Laurie and her cute kids, Andrew, Rebecca & Gabe



Cindy, Dawn, Jacki, Sis & Bro T



Lacey & the Adams family



We were really blessed to have so many friends and family members come and support Abby at her baptism. It was a wonderful day for our family. However, I failed to get a photo of said happy family. Dang it!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful girl! Glad you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are amazing! You really thought of everything and gave me some good ideas. Abby is beautiful. I'm so happy for her.

The Ellington's said...

What an awesome event. I'm so happy to see you used my cousins art for the programs. :D