Months go by so fast! Here are again on the 3rd Sunday of the month, our Service Sunday.
This month, I decided to do something a bit bigger and more involved and since it was more involved, I asked a couple of friends if their families would like to join. Thankfully they said yes.
I wanted to go visit our local shelter for women who have experienced domestic violence. Here in Douglasville it's call The SHARE House. I made contact with the director and today we made our visit.
Jennifer & I did some shopping.
Coloring books, markers, bubbles, puzzles, books
play-doh, glo sticks, etc.

Movie treats
This month, I decided to do something a bit bigger and more involved and since it was more involved, I asked a couple of friends if their families would like to join. Thankfully they said yes.
I wanted to go visit our local shelter for women who have experienced domestic violence. Here in Douglasville it's call The SHARE House. I made contact with the director and today we made our visit.
Jennifer & I did some shopping.
Coloring books, markers, bubbles, puzzles, books
play-doh, glo sticks, etc.

Movie treats
We also donated a bunch of women's clothes as well.
We also each took some homemade treats-cupcakes, cookies & rice krispie treats.
We arrived at 4pm, not really knowing what we would do or how many people would be there. The sad part is that our husbands couldn't join us but they were there in spirit.
There were 3 moms there and 2 kids. Our kids played with the 10 year old boy the the 14 month old girl. They read stories and played games. Us girls sat at the table chatting with the 3 moms. One was pregnant with baby #2 and is so sick that she has a picc line. Another mom is 20 and has 14 month old twins. Another was a grandmother. We didn't get into their specific situations but these were sweet and faithful women who only want what's best for their little families.
They were so fun to watch as they went through the baskets and chose stuff. Who knew a little nail polish would brighten their day.
We thanked them for their example of strength & courage.
We also counted our many blessings.
Thanks to J.M. & kids and C.C. and kids.




4 comments:
Kim, there is a special place in heaven for you for all the good you are doing, both within the walls of your own home, and beyond. You probably will never realize the impact of all these kindnesses. Keep up the good work and example. XOX
I love these Sunday Service posts! Great idea, from a great lady!
I love this! YOu might have to start a book. I guess this is a book.
You are amazing. And you're changing the world.
Post a Comment