Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lunch & Dinner

Just a couple of my favs...


Avocado with sprouts on toast






This is one meal where I usually have the ingredients on hand and it is easy to make and delish!

Corn Cakes with Black Beans





1 can black beans
1/2 c. corn (frozen or canned)
2 tsp. chili powder, divided
2/3 c. corn meal
2 Tbl. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper, to taste
1 egg
3 Tbl. melted butter
1 c. buttermilk
sour cream
salsa
cilantro

Slightly drain can of black beans, retaining some liquid. Add 1 tsp. chili pepper. Heat.

In bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, soda, salt, pepper to taste & 1 tsp. chili powder.
In another bowl, whisk together the butter, buttermilk & egg. Mix the liquid into the dry ingredients until just blended. Fold in corn.

Fry up just like a pancake. Top with black beans, sour cream, salsa & cilantro.

Delish!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I MUST try this. I'm drooling and it's 730 in the morning!