Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Welcome to my re-cap of Spring Break 2010

Every time we go to Amelia Island I have every intention of getting a family photo taken then we get too busy or forget. To remedy that, I bought photo outfits...well, just for Abby and I. A big thank you to my father-in-law, David, for taking these fun photos.














I tend to photograph every little experience when we go on a trip but for some reason, I didn't this year. I don't know if it was laziness on my part or if it's time to just enjoy the moment away from the camera. We had such a wonderful visit and another big THaNk yOu to my in-laws for tolerating us for 6 days.































Our favorites:

the ocean, of course
perfect weather the entire time
playing with cricket, the empty-nester dog
beach walks
seashells
finding sharks teeth
cooking with grandma
painting toes
making projects
golfing
shopping for 5 pair of shoes
going out to eat-sometimes eating way too much
sleeping in
sleeping in while Judy makes the kids breakfast every morning
no household chores to worry about
catching up on my reading
biking
golf cart ride
ice cream cones
a very generous Easter bunny
talking & walking on the beach
the new keyboard with the all-important headphones
dolphins
feeding the turtles
abby getting to sleep in her own room
watching tv
wal-mart sushi
doing nothing and being exhausted


We were spoiled and had a wonderful time. Now it's back to real life...laundry, school, homework, work, cooking, vacuuming, yada, yada, yada.

Till next time lovely Amelia Island....xoxo

7 comments:

annieareyouok said...

Looks like a great vacation and everyone had fun. I love the family pictures and I think the outfits were perfect. I like that they are not too posed ... all of you look more natural and the pictures turned out lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love the family picture!!! You are beautiful, I guess everyone else looks good too. I cannot believe that you get a vacation like that and with family. You realize that you are spoiled rotten. Right! I feel more relaxed just reading this blog.
Made two more skirts today. Only 2more to go. I am amazed that you have sewn so many.

Andy Porter said...

Those are really great pics! I love all of them!

Jenny said...

That place looks like a dream. I love the family photos. They turned out beautiful.

Tiffany said...

That place looks amazing! Your family photos are gorgeous. Good thinking to pack the outfits. I might have to try that next vacation!

Annie715 said...

Sounds like a great time! But...Walmart sushi??? ;)

Jacki said...

I always get a little sad coming off of vacation and have to get back to yada, yada, yada.