Sunday, November 9, 2008

What a week it's been!







I seem to play catch up all the time! My life doesn't seem to slow down but what do you do? Here's what's been going on the past week:

Monday: I got together with my friend Sara and she helped me serge skirts for the Young Women for our upcoming Trek. I am trying to get ahead of the game! Next, Sam had an appointment to get a new brace. We got lost but eventually found the office and got his current braces worked on and he got measured for a new one. We're hopeful the new one will help his right leg function a bit better.

Tuesday: Election day! I was really surprised at the lack of lines to vote. Todd & both did advanced voting. Todd waited for an hour and I waited for about 40 minutes. We enjoyed the evening by getting free "I voted" ice cream cones from Ben & Jerry's. Abby's school did a mock vote and Abby voted. I asked her who she voted for and she said "Barak Obama." Why? "Because he's brown."

Wednesday: Drove Abby to the bus and Sam to school. Round trip is an hour & a half. I met Sara at the church so we could set up our sewing machines and sergers in preparation for our Young Women's Skills night where the girls were sewing their skirts. Thanks to the Elders who were at the church for P-Day for setting up the tables. We went to lunch then back home so I could get a snack together then I went to pick up Sam. I then drove him to therapy, ran to go pick up Abby from the bus, back to pick up Sam from therapy then home for a quick dinner and baths. Luckily Todd was home early so I didn't have to take the kids with me to YW. We had a chaotic hour & 1/2 of sewing and practicing our songs for our sacrament meeting program which is next Sunday.

Thursday: I kept Sam home since he had a dentist appointment at 8:30am. As I was driving to the appointment, it dawned on me that I didn't receive a reminder call from the dentist's office, which they always do. I got to thinking that what I had written down was an appointment from a previous dentist's office. I decided to go in anyway and I was right, no appointment. I asked if they had any available and they had one at 9am so we just stayed. For those who don't know Sam, he HATES the dentist. Starting at age 3, we had to have him sedated for just a cleaning and x-rays. We moved up to papoosing and fighting and screaming. I was not looking forward to this appointment. Well, what do you know!? Sam did awesome. He let them clean, floss, x-ray and examine without any crying, screaming or papoosing. This is a first for him and I couldn't be prouder! I took Sam to school then back home to get a few things done before I had to go back and get Sam. Both kids had their last tennis lesson of the season that night then home for bed!

Friday: Finally, the end of the week...almost! I had to pick up Abby & her little friend, Caroline, from school and take them to the school's Super Goober Day which is their fall festival. It had already been canceled once so I was glad the weather held out. You've never seen such a festival! They had about 6 inflatables, a bunging jumping apparatus, rock climbing wall, tie-dye t-shirt stand, karaoke, games, Home Depot station where you can build a little project, cake walk, bake sale, food vendors. It was unbelievable! The girls had fun and it didn't start to rain until we left. We went to an early showing of Madagascar 2 and had fun there. A long day!

Saturday: I was up at 7am to prepare for a YW breakfast in honor of our newest Beehive. We kidnapped her and came to my house for crepes! The turnout wasn't what I was hoping for but we had a nice time and yummy food! Once the girls left, we went to Sam's tennis skills tournament (see photos above). He's in a program, Special Pops, that teaches kids with special needs tennis. It was really fun and Sam did great. We are hoping his scores were good enough to go to state Special Olympics. That evening we also had a Primary activity. We missed the first hour but I took Abby to do the craft portion of the activity.

Sunday: I was hoping to sleep in but we had a special Stake meeting at 10am. Here's the catch: Elder Jeffrey R. Holland was speaking so even though the meeting started at 10am, we left at 8:15am to try and get a seat. It was packed and there were fights to get seats. We didn't get in the chapel but not too far back in the cultural hall. The meeting was great and Elder Holland was so funny! I really enjoyed his message, which was really directed to the youth. It was wonderful. What an opportunity to be in the same room as an apostle.


Let's just say I am glad this week is over!
Here's a link to a video from Sam's tournament:





2 comments:

Jenny said...

You are seriously one of the busiest people.
Good luck to Sam...hope he makes it.

Unknown said...

You are such a good mom, Kim!