Wednesday, October 8, 2008
October 7th
Yesterday was my birthday, I am 25...again. I spent my day vacuuming & mopping the floors, ran some errands, and took the Young Women to the temple. The youth are always starving after we do baptisms so we usually take them to Wendy's afterward for a healthy meal. I, however, choose to go to a little bakery/cafe across the parking lot. I ordered a lovely Chicken Waldorf salad sandwich and a bowl of mushroom bisque. As I was waiting for my order, one of the servers came up to me and told me that I looked like a celebrity. She couldn't remember the name so she started asking her co-workers about a particular movie this woman was in. After about 10 minutes, I got my order and left. As I was crossing the parking lot, the girl comes out and yells, "Michelle Pfeiffer, that's who you look like." Happy b-day to me!
When I got home, I noticed this cake on the table. Todd and the kids had baked a 2 layer lemon cake with chocolate frosting....not your typical combo but it was all I had in the pantry. If you'll notice, the center of the cake is cut out and put on the plate. I have an issue with eating the edges of things. I prefer a center piece, be it rice krispie treats, brownies, cake, etc. Every year my cute husband bakes a cake and cuts out the middle piece just for me. That is true love! Thanks, honey! By the way...the lemon cake with chocolate frosting is not too bad. FYI....cards and gifts will be accepted through October 31st.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Happy 25th!!! I love the middle of the cake thing. That cracks me up!!!
Happy birthday long lost friend! Of course you look like Michelle Pfeiffer- I'm sorry that I didn't notice it (until now) in the almost 20 years (EEEK!) that I have known you. Hope your day was fabulous.
Happy B-day Kim. It sucks that I'm older than you now.
Happy 25th? I thought you were 24? Weird! I am glad to hear that your day was great. I love the center cake idea... cute of him!
I can't believe I never put the Michelle Pfeiffer connection together - it's been bugging me for years. By the way, can you give that girl my number? My birthday is coming up and I think I might need a little celebrity love also. :)
What a great day! and how awesome to be mistaken for Michelle Pfeiffer, she is gorgeous. Your husband is darling to do that for!
and... by the by - Happy Birthday, belated, to you!
Post a Comment