Back in February, Sam and I had a conversation in the car about Face the Nation, the news program Sam likes to watch. Strange for a 13 year old boy. So I got to thinking, perhaps I'll send a little email. I found an email address and sent this:
Hello,
My name is Kim Weinreb and I have a 12 year old son who has some significant special needs. The other day we had this conversation:
Sam: Mom, do we have church on Sunday?
Me: Yes, it's Stake Conference.
Sam: I'm not going. I've got to do Face the Nation. Bob Schieffer needs me.
For whatever reason, Sam loves to watch the show and "help Bob with the paperwork." What I am wondering if there's any way to maybe get an autographed photo (perhaps if there's time to make it specifically to Sam) of Bob or any other little trinkets you may have (pens, notebook, etc.) that may have the Face the Nation logo on it?
It would certainly make Sam's day!
Thanks for your time,
Kim Weinreb
PS...If Bob truly does need help with his paperwork, Sam is available at any time. Seriously.

I got this response a few days later:
Ms. Weinreb,
Thank you so much for your note. Sam sounds like a great kid – we’re lucky to have him as a viewer! Your email made all of us smile, Bob included. It would be my pleasure to put together a package for Sam. What address should we send it to?
And I might take you up on that paperwork offer one of these days…
All the best and hi to Sam,
Emily Bradley
Face the Nation, CBS News
2020 M Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
Well, that went no where. I sent another email just to check in to make sure if they sent something I didn't received it, I didn't want to appear ungrateful. They claimed they sent something but I never got it. On occasion I would email to try and work on it with little to no success.
After finding out that we were going to NY for my birthday, I sent another email stating that we would be happy to come pick some stuff up at their office and I finally got a response:
Kim,
Happy birthday! I hope you have something terrific planned in NYC for the special day. Unfortunately FACE THE NATION comes from DC, so you won’t be able to pop by for paraphernalia. But we’re happy to send again – apologies that it’s been lost in the shuffle.
I’ve cc-ed Kylie, Bob’s new assistant, who will put something together and send to you. What address should we mail it to?
Thanks –and hope Sam is still watching and enjoying. Do you guys get the full hour on your local channel?
Alicia
Happy birthday! I hope you have something terrific planned in NYC for the special day. Unfortunately FACE THE NATION comes from DC, so you won’t be able to pop by for paraphernalia. But we’re happy to send again – apologies that it’s been lost in the shuffle.
I’ve cc-ed Kylie, Bob’s new assistant, who will put something together and send to you. What address should we mail it to?
Thanks –and hope Sam is still watching and enjoying. Do you guys get the full hour on your local channel?
Alicia
When we got home from NY the package was here and we opened it up and found a mug, t-shirt, hat and this awesome photo....
Our thanks to Alicia, Kylie and of course, Bob Schieffer.
Awesome!





No comments:
Post a Comment