Friday, August 3, 2012

Service Sunday

 Ok, so I didn't get a photo of Sam or I at this service project but these are friends from our ward.  When the tornadoes hit in the spring, the LDS church sent out tons (literally) of clothing.  After the people in Alabama went through it and took what they needed, there was still a lot leftover so the church sent it to Douglasville to find a way to distribute it.

A girl I work with in Primary was in charge and miraculously, it all came together with help from the wards and local charitable organizations.

Sam and I went on a Friday to help sort.  It was sorted by sex, size & type of clothing.  There was so much that I thought it would never get taken and we would have a lot left over to try and deal with.

We spent a few hours helping to sort and it was a neat way to help our community.  

A Back to School Fair/clothing distribution was held that weekend and to my amazement, most of the clothing was taken.  It came in a Uhaul truck and just a small amount was sent to Goodwill.   It was neat to be a part of helping our community.

Jennifer


 Ryan & Cindy


 Ty & Cameron


 Bishop


 Donna & Danielle


No comments: