Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break: Day 1-Travel

 Last summer I asked the kids this question:

"What did you get for Christmas last year?"

The answer:

"Um, I don't know but I'm sure it was really cool."

Time for a change.

I decided that it was time to buy memories for Christmas instead of junk that would be sold at the next yard sale so in August, I booked a week long trip to Disney World, unbeknownst to the kids.  I got a good deal that included the free Dining Plan.

Fast forward to Christmas.  I sent the kids on a scavenger hunt to find out where we were going on our vacation.  I found a cute Disney ornament and wrote the date on it.

After months of thinking, preparing & packing we were off on our trip on Saturday, March 3, 2012.

We left for Amelia Island for an over night stay at the in-laws beach house around 10:30am and it started raining not long after we got on the freeway.  It poured rain the ENTIRE trip.  So much so that Todd didn't want to stop.  Not even for the bathroom!  6 hours in the car with no stop.   Luckily the kids did really well and we were happy to get out of the car!


We did have a furry companion on the trip, Cricket, my in-laws dog who stayed at the house.






We went out for sushi that night and enjoyed some good sushi and some very salty teppanyaki.



Will, the sushi guy!


 Delish!


 Vacation life has started!


To be continued.....

No comments: