Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week in Review

We've had a busy week. Often I think things will eventually will slow down but that doesn't seen to be the case.

For FHE on Monday, the kids & I took invites to the Atlanta Temple Open House around the neighborhood. We dropped off four of them to our neighbors and invited them to go. For more info, click here.




On Tuesday, I hosted a Visiting Teaching brunch for the sisters that Diana & I visit teach. We had Kristy, Marilyn & Brooke join us and we had fun. I had made some German pancakes and Alpine Muesli. Delish!



Newman also saw the vet on Tuesday, much to her dismay.

On Wednesday, we met with the Bishop to get recommends for the Atlanta Temple Dedication which will be on May 1st. This will be a first for me and I'm really excited to attend. Got to go get some white hankies!

On Thursday, the kids were bored & Sam had no privileges so they decided to put together a play. They make their costumes, props and even had sound effects, albeit a bit delayed.






On Friday, Abby's soccer practice was canceled due to severe weather so we went to dinner at Gumbeaux's then took Abby to a movie: Soul Surfer. She's been wanting to see it and it was fun to have a date night with just Abby. Sam went with Kristina and did the jumper at the mall then home to take shelter from the rain storm.

Saturday was busy too with Abby's soccer game, that had been delayed 2 hours due to the rain the night before but she did great and scored a goal. Todd then took the kids to a fundraiser of a place that houses men who are reforming drug addicts. They are a customer of his so they went out to Bremen for a BBQ lunch, games, jumpers and swings. They had a lot of fun. They also bought some plants at the fundraiser and planted them. I had a Stake Leadership training from 4:30-6:30pm then enjoyed Stake Conference. All the talks were centered on the family and it was good.

Sunday was Abby's piano recital and she's been practicing hard! Many thanks to G'ma Judy for the super sparkly dress. She looked amazing!

Pre-show







Enjoying the treats at the reception



Sam & Abby



It was a super busy week but lots of fun things to remember!

No comments: