Sunday, March 14, 2010

Service Sunday

It's already the second Sunday of the month, our family's Service Sunday. The kids decided to take treats to our local fire department so after church today, I made two batches of cookies. Abby made a little card (forgot to get a photo) and we drove to the fire department. We were knocking on the wrong door but luckily one fire fighter was outside. We went in and met everyone and told them we appreciated all they did for us. They were happy to see us. There is always someone who knows Sam wherever we go and today was no different. One of the paramedics is the wife of one of Sam's baseball coaches. Small world!

One of the fire fighters gave the kids a tour but it was brief because a call came in.
We were there just a short time but had fun.


Cookies.....mmmmm


Checking out the fire engine


Paramedics leaving on a call


Kids & a firefighter


Thanks to all the EMS professionals who keep us safe!

The kids have decided that next month's Service Sunday we will be going to Sweetwater Creek for a hike and to pick up garbage along the trail.

Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

The Amazing Mumfords said...

What a great idea! I love that. I have tried to do service projects with my kids, but 99% of the time the recipient of the service gives my kids something . . candy, a toy, etc. Now they expect things when they serve . . I love the idea of hiking and picking up trash . . you are so awesome.

Liz said...

That is a great idea! I love "Service Sunday", and I love taking it the fire department. Good thinking!

Jacki said...

I like that idea too! Those oatmeal raisin cookies look awesome. Recipe sometime, maybe?

Jodi said...

Dang it Kim. Why are you so cool!

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! I'm always looking for something. That recipe sounds delicious as well. So what if you don't do the nuts, is it still good?