

We all get that "feeling" when January comes around. Call it a renewal, resolutions, etc. I am not one for making resolutions because I hate to set myself up for failure. Perhaps I'm the kind of person who sets low standards so that I don't feel too guilty about not achieving.
As I've looked around my house lately, I feel the need to accomplish little tasks that have been weighing me down. I often feel like I don't get much done and I know I have the time to do it. What is my problem? Am I too tired? Do I feel like there is just not enough time? Am I too busy driving? Do I waste precious time on Facebook or reading blogs? A resounding yes to all the above.
I've had several projects on my "to do" list and for some reason, I am actually beginning to mark some of them off.
- Turn my office (which is technically a dining room) into something other than an office
- Clear off kitchen desk area so it can become my new office
- Clean out 3 major closets so I can do the previous projects listed
- Clean the laundry room. I swear, who does this regularly? Not me!
- Go through the kids closets and get rid of stuff that doesn't fit
- Organize some of the kitchen cabinets so I can keep my counters clean (a HUGE challenge for me)
- Get caught up on photo developing and getting those photos into the photo album. I am only about 7 months behind!
I still have a great deal of things to do: kids' closets, laundry room, finish my kitchen office area, but once I get going and actually finish something, I feel better about myself. I need better organizational skills and I need to be better at time management.
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;" Doctrine & Covenants 109:8
This is what I need to do. I need a house of order.
What do you need to do?




2 comments:
Bullet point #5 SHOULD read: "Go through the kids closets and *give Jordyn all of Abby's cute clothes that don't* fit". I figured it was a typo.
I just went through the kids closet and it felt TERRIFIC! I threw out clothes that were embarrassingly worn or so ugly they shouldn't have found purchase in the first place. Five bulging bags made their way to DI.
Guess what? The kids still haven't noticed.
Whatever.
Post a Comment