Saturday, October 31, 2009

What can Brown do for you?

Brown can deliver this bad boy!

This year for my b-day, I asked my sweet mother-in-law for a mixer. Her response, "That's a lame gift." She's the type that HATES to buy appliances as a gift. It's a no-no! Well, it's what I wanted and it was so exciting to see the UPS truck drive up to my house & deliver this:




It's a Cuisinart SM 55-BC 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer



The "unveiling"



It got really good reviews, better than KitchenAid



I know a boxed cake mix is not worthy of this machine but it's what I've had time for.



Aren't I a lucky girl!

More delicious foods to come...

5 comments:

Whitni said...

Woohoo! Congratulations and happy birthday! Make lots of yummy treats with your really cool new mixer!

Tiffany said...

I'm breaking the coveting commandment right now. That is a BEAUTIFUL gift!

Jodi said...

I have an unhealthy relationship with my mixer as well. Brandon benefits so he's pretty cool about it.

Liz said...

I suppose that since you did such a great job at remembering my birthday I should have remembered yours, but I must admit I've got nothing. Anyway, Happy Happy Late Birthday. Next year we should celebrate together...maybe we should make boxed cake mixes in our mixers...together...apart...anyway, Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Kim, It's beautiful!!! I was given a mixer(Kitchen Aid) from my in-laws for our wedding. I couldn't live without it. I don't see how people enjoy cooking at all without a mixer. Happy for you and Happy Birthday!