Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mad Tennis Skills

Sam has been involved w/Special Pops Tennis since last fall. It's an organization that teaches special needs kids & adults how to play tennis. At the end of the fall session, they host a Skills Tournament at the Harrison Tennis Center in Marietta, Georgia. It was scheduled for Halloween but the weather didn't cooperate so it was rescheduled for yesterday. We attended the 9am session and had a great time. There were about 10 kids and they go through different skills...forehand volley, backhand volley, serving, forehand stroke and backhand stroke. Sam did awesome! He's quite good at tennis and would be better if he could stop socializing with everyone on the court!

forehand volley







serving


receiving his trophy & certificate


the speech



I was in charge of taking some video with our little camera. We didn't bring the "real" video camera since the battery was dead. Way to plan ahead mom!! At the end of the tournament, they gave each player a trophy and certificate. They called Sam up and he got his stuff and asked if he could take the microphone. The lady gave him the microphone and he gave this speech: "I just want to thank everyone for coming out to support me today. I had fun." It was so cute & funny and after we had left, I got the camera out to watch it again and sadly found that I hadn't pushed the record button hard enough. I didn't record it! I was so upset & mad at myself. Those are things you just can't re-do. Aaaarrrgggghhh!

I did get some video...



Needless to say, we all had a great time and we give a big thank you to Mr. Jim from Special Pops Tennis, Sam's tennis coach, and the people who planned, coordinated & volunteered at the event.

No comments: