Saturday, December 6, 2008

Abby's Piano Recital

After weeks and weeks of practicing "Go Tell it on the Mountain" & "Away in a Manger", today was Abby's first piano recital. She wasn't nervous and was excited to be there.

Here is Abby waiting with her friends before the recital started.
Posing at the piano after the recital.
Here she is with her beautiful bouquet of flowers after her performance.


Abby & Mrs. Blosser her piano teacher.
I am so happy that Abby has taken to piano. I know it will be a benefit to her as she gets older. I took 5 months of piano when I was 11 and wish I could have continued. At this point in her piano career, practicing is still fun and I don't have to ask her to practice, she does it on her own. I'm not sure how long that will last but I will enjoy this time now.



4 comments:

Liz said...

Hooray for Abby. She is so brave!

Unknown said...

I'm big on music lessons for my kids. I think it is a valuable skill. I say push lessons as long as you can. Abby looks adorable, and I'm sure she played like an angel!

Kate said...

I had a friend that when she got crabby about practicing and wanting to quit, her mom said you can quit as soon as you can play all the hymns. Well, that worked. By the time she could play all the hymns she was an excellent piano player and enjoyed playing.
Abby is rockin those boots, I love them.
Way to go Abby!!! Keep it up

TheHartigFamily said...

Kim, Abby has the cutest boots!!