Back in January, I had been nominated by our Parks Dept to get free tickets to the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus for the community service I provide. It was very nice to be recognized.
We got great seats and VIP passes to the Pre-Show. I decided not to tell the kids & kept it a surprise till we showed up at Phillips Arena. Sam kept asking what we were doing and I said, "We are going to the Cirucs!"
"I don't want to do that."
Ok.
Well, we got seated for the Pre-show and it was fun. The kids could get up close and ask questions. I think the whole show that night was for special needs families.
I don't know who this other kid is, he just walked into our photo.
This is Christopher, he plays on Sam's baseball team.
Do you see the pure joy on Sam's face?
After the pre-show, we spent $30 on crappy food then headed to our seats. We ate quickly then Todd took Abby to the floor to go check out all the activities. Sam wanted to go home.
The show got started and considering the entire arena was filled with children w/special needs, you would think they could turn the volume down just a bit. It was sooo loud! Sam couldn't take much more so Todd took him out and went to get something to eat.
I got the following photo in a text:
$60 worth of oysters, clam chowder, salad with fish and molten lava cake.
Abby and I stayed for the rest of the "greatest show on earth" and it was pretty neat, albeit too loud! We snuck out just a bit early to beat the waves of people leaving. We met up with Todd & Sam and headed home.
All in all, it was fun but wouldn't go again. Once was enough. The free circus still set us back over $100 for food and parking. Not to mention some hearing loss.













No comments:
Post a Comment