We thoroughly enjoyed Thanksgiving this year. Well, pretty much every year we enjoy it. As per our usual protocol, we get dressed up, head to the Club and enjoy delicious food that is neither prepared by or cleaned up by us! That's heaven.
We were small in numbers this year since the Duguid's & Dorian's were with other family. We dined on the usual fare....oyster shooters, waffles, salad, roasted beets (a fav), shrimp, and a bunch of other good stuff.
After we gorged ourselves, Todd took Sam to play a few holes of golf and Abby & I went back to the condo with G'ma and G'pa. Uncle Greg & Uncle Larry took all the kids to the movies, they saw "Rise of the Guardians." I stayed at the condo to put the turkey & ham in the oven and I watched a dog show with David. So funny. All I can think about is "Best in Show."
Once everyone was back from golf & movies, we got dinner put together and dined on more traditional Thanksgiving foods. I was put in charge of the desserts again this year and made 2 pumpkin pies, regular rice krispie treats and a new one, hot chocolate rice krispie treats. They went over fairly well.
After dinner and chatting, we got to watch them light the Macy's tree and set off fireworks.
Let the Christmas season begin!
Cousin Ava spent a couple of nights with us!










No comments:
Post a Comment