Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day and Todd's b-day landed on the same day this year. Needless to say, it's not much fun to share your holiday/b-day with someone else. We both tried to make it special, and it was, but it's more fun to have it all to yourself.

We went to sacrament meeting since the kids were singing then met up with Todd's family at the Capital City Club for brunch. It was really special to have everyone there (except for Syd & Josh, perhaps next year). It's a lovely spread of all-you-can-eat goodness without the moms having to cook & clean up after everyone. A treat indeed!

David & Judy (mostly Judy with David's support) bought all us moms this special little magical gift...





It's a nano watch! It plays the radio, songs, holds photos, it has a pedometer and it has a "thing that tells time." It is AWESOME! So awesome in fact, that I do believe I run faster when I wear it.

Here's a photo of most of the grandkids. Some were absent and some chose not to be in the photo (that would be Sam).



We managed to get Jonathan and Gma in this one



All the moms!



I am truly blessed to be a mom, to have a great mom, step-mom, mother-in-law, sisters and sisters-in-law. I am surrounded by wonderful women in my life who are kind, loving, smart, funny and terrific mothers.

No comments: