Where to start...?
We had a bad afternoon.
A really bad afternoon.
Sam got mad because I didn't let him have his way since he wasn't cooperative at school or at home. He wanted to watch Fox 5 News at 5pm and I told him no. You don't get privileges when you don't behave.
Down. Hill. From. There.
Lots of stuff ensued....kicking (my shin will have a nice bruise pretty soon), punching (my upper arm will have a nice one too), spitting, screaming, slamming doors, death threats. You name it.
It was time.
I called the non-emergency number and spoke with dispatch and she said, "Is that him I hear in the background?" Yep. "How old is he?" 11. "Does he have any weapons?" Nope. Just a good left hook. "I'll send some one over."
Since I had already given all his info to the police, I felt pretty confident.
Office Shaeffer showed up and asked what was going on. I explained what I had already established with the Chief. Did you read his file? "No." Sweet.
He went upstairs and talked to Sam about hitting his mom and that he usually takes kids to jail who hit their mom and they have to go in front of a judge. He told him that in jail you don't have a nice bed to sleep in with nice blankets. Sam was talking nonsense and not really responding. I made it crystal clear for him.
The officer walked down the stairs and says, "Do you see a specialist?" Yes, lots of them. "Maybe he needs to be on medication." Um, thanks, he is on medication. "I've seen adults talk out of their heads before but never a kid his age. Do you want to press juvenile charges?" Um, NO. Did you even read his history? It should be in your system. "No, I didn't read anything." Ok, I just want to see how the process is working.
He spent most of his time calling into dispatch with my driver's license number making sure I wasn't a felon. He says, "Well, you have no murder convictions." Not yet.
I give this experience a D+.
I believe I will be calling the Chief or the internet officer tomorrow. What's the point of getting info to the police if they don't even bother to read it.
Epic FAIL.
We had a bad afternoon.
A really bad afternoon.
Sam got mad because I didn't let him have his way since he wasn't cooperative at school or at home. He wanted to watch Fox 5 News at 5pm and I told him no. You don't get privileges when you don't behave.
Down. Hill. From. There.
Lots of stuff ensued....kicking (my shin will have a nice bruise pretty soon), punching (my upper arm will have a nice one too), spitting, screaming, slamming doors, death threats. You name it.
It was time.
I called the non-emergency number and spoke with dispatch and she said, "Is that him I hear in the background?" Yep. "How old is he?" 11. "Does he have any weapons?" Nope. Just a good left hook. "I'll send some one over."
Since I had already given all his info to the police, I felt pretty confident.
Office Shaeffer showed up and asked what was going on. I explained what I had already established with the Chief. Did you read his file? "No." Sweet.
He went upstairs and talked to Sam about hitting his mom and that he usually takes kids to jail who hit their mom and they have to go in front of a judge. He told him that in jail you don't have a nice bed to sleep in with nice blankets. Sam was talking nonsense and not really responding. I made it crystal clear for him.
The officer walked down the stairs and says, "Do you see a specialist?" Yes, lots of them. "Maybe he needs to be on medication." Um, thanks, he is on medication. "I've seen adults talk out of their heads before but never a kid his age. Do you want to press juvenile charges?" Um, NO. Did you even read his history? It should be in your system. "No, I didn't read anything." Ok, I just want to see how the process is working.
He spent most of his time calling into dispatch with my driver's license number making sure I wasn't a felon. He says, "Well, you have no murder convictions." Not yet.
I give this experience a D+.
I believe I will be calling the Chief or the internet officer tomorrow. What's the point of getting info to the police if they don't even bother to read it.
Epic FAIL.




2 comments:
Dangit! That whole thing stinks Kim. I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience all the way around. D+? You're being generous.
I am sorry too about this. No good very bad day. I am sorry!
Post a Comment